DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION (POA)
BLUE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
214 W BLUEBONNET ROAD, HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2022
1. Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Joanne Severn at 9:01a.m.
Directors present: Joanne Severn, Paul Rossbach, David Wuest, Pam Hutchins, Penny
Wimberly, Albert LaCasse
Directors not present: Gabe Pincelli
Also in attendance: Llano MUD #1 representative Tim Webb and Deerhaven POA
2. Review/Approval of July 30, 2022, Board Meeting Minutes
David motioned for approval and Paul seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Llano MUD #1
Tim gave an update on the status of the lift station. All parts have been ordered and
just waiting on the pumps to arrive. It will take approximately one month to install if
everything is available.
4. Chairman’s Report
Paul motioned for approval to change the POA Board signature authority for primary
signer to Pam and include Joanne as a secondary signer. Penny seconded and the
motion passed unanimously.
5. President’s Report
6. Vice President’s Report
No new actions to report.
7. Treasurer’s Report
Pam presented her report. Marcus Ahrens was reimbursed at cost for installing two
new ceiling fans and a new switch at the pool. Thank you to Marcus!
WCID hasn’t provided a bill for this quarter due to changing over new management.
Tom A had provided a plat map to PAMCO. David W will work on a map of the
subdivision showing the lot number along with the street address since the plat map
only includes lot numbers.
8. Road Commissioner’s Report
David W gave an update on roads. The WCID road cuts for utility crossings have been
causing complaints. Jerry P has provided WCID with standards for refilling road cuts.
WCID has the road cuts repaired about every 2-3 months. Need to let David W know
where the road cuts are that need repairs. The Perry’s cut was recently filled with
gravel only. The Flake’s cut has not been properly repaired.
9. Architectural Committee Report
David C gave an update regarding ongoing projects. There are currently three building
projects ongoing (Flake, Perry, and the Fawn Ridge property).
Waterfront landowner wanting to move existing fence from one side of the adjacent
lot to the other.
The Board will need to incorporate any updates to the POA Restrictions and
Covenants based on SB 1588. Paul and Joanne are drafting changes that will be sent
out to POA members for feedback.
The Blonkvist’s building permit expires again in October. David informed them that
the Board may require an additional late fee. The original permit expired one year
Directors’/Officers’ Liability Insurance – Pam will check into if this liability insurance
covers Architectural Committee members.
Jim Maughan resigned from the Architectural Committee. Thank you, Jim for your
support to the Committee! Need more members for the Architectural Committee.
Currently only three on the board: David Cotner (Chair), Lois Girten, and Don
10. Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations
No new reportings.
Board needs to confirm if boats in carports are required to be hidden from view.
11. Boat Lockup Report
Paul gave an update on the Boat Storage area. The new section is open. 38 spaces are
rented. Approximately 12 spaces remain available. Cost is $150/yr.
12. Park Chairman Report
Gabe is travelling for work and not available. David W gave an update in Gabe’s
A fan and two lights are not working at the Pavilion. An electrician will need to
Down to 4 keys for the boat ramp gate. The Board needs to assess investing in a new
system and the pros/cons of electronic vs conventional locking.
Need to make a decision about moving forward with tennis court repairs and painting
of pickle ball court. David C estimates it could cost around $30k for the repairs since
there is no rebar in the existing concrete slab and it has heaving cracks that cause
Board needs to look into the possibility of paying for garbage pickup service at the
pool. Users of the pool area have left horrible messes that volunteers are burned out
from cleaning up.
13. Long Range Planning Committee Report
Penny gave an update on this Committee. Nine people have volunteered. The
Committee will meet soon and start summarizing the long-range vs short-range plans.
Finances for the plans will also be included in the Committee’s scope.
14. WCID Report
There was a public meeting on September 19 that revealed the Deerhaven WCID tax
rate had been lowered. No changes will be made to our monthly water bills. Tax rate is
lowered for our annual property taxes, but appraised values look to be increasing.
15. Old Business
Next POA meeting is Dec 3 at 9am.
There will also be a POA Christmas Party that evening that will be potluck. David W
needs money to purchase supplies/decorations. Paul made a motion to approve $250
for Christmas decorations, plasticware, etc., and Albert seconded. Motion passed
Next Deerhaven Social is 6pm on October 20 at the Pavilion. It was recommended that
maybe Deerhaven could coordinate a Social Events Volunteer Crew to decorate and
provide help with social events similar to how Blue Lake Estates operates.
16. Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last
▪ The Board approved to have the Chairman/President be a backup signer on the
Deerhaven POA bank accounts.
▪ The Board approved a $50 contribution to be made to the Alzheimer’s
Association in honor of Mary Armagost.
▪ The Board approved a replat to combine lots 251 and 252 into lot 251A.
Paul made a motion to approve the emailed ratification requests and Albert seconded.
Motion passed unanimously.
17. New Business
No new business.
18. Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later
than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
No requests received.
19. Adjourn – Paul made a motion to adjourn the meeting and David W seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30am.