DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
BLUE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
214 W BLUEBONNET ROAD, HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657
SATURDAY, JULY 30, 2022
1. Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Paul Rossbach at 9:01 A.M.
Directors present: Joanne Severn, Paul Rossbach, David Wuest,
Pam Hutchins, Penny Wimberly
Directors not present: Albert LaCasse, Gabe Pincelli
Also, in attendance: Llano MUD #1 representatives John Walters
and Tim Webb and Deerhaven POA members
2. Review/Approval of June 4, 2022, Board Meeting Minutes
Pam motioned for approval and Penny seconded. Motion
3. Llano MUD #1 – John Walters and Tim Webb gave a lot of
information on the status and repair of Deerhaven sewer lift station which
services Blue Lake, Deerhaven, Sandy Harbor, and The Trails.
Deerhaven POA members asked numerous questions. The lift station
repairs are to be completed by the end of October. The new system will
have redundancy and capable of servicing the area as it grows. They will
attend the next Deerhaven POA Board meeting in September as well.
4. Chairman’s Report – Joanne Severn volunteered to take on the role
of Chairman of the Board and the Board quickly appointed her as
Chairman. Thanks Joanne! Since Joanne was previously the Secretary
and could not serve as both offices (Chairman & Secretary) we needed a
new Secretary. Deerhaven POA member Rhonda Brown volunteered to
take on the role of Secretary – Thanks Rhonda!
5. President’s Report – Nothing to Report. Looking for a volunteer to
fill this position.
6. Vice President’s Report
a. David talked to property owners with the trailer and weed
issues. Space available in the boat lock up so get your trailers
out of your yard.
b. David will continue in this role but also as Road Commissioner.
David got multiple volunteers to take his WCID board position
(Penny Wimberly & Larry Spencer).
7. Treasurer’s Report – Pam presented her report and 2022-2023
budget – which are posted on the Deerhaven POA website. Motion to
approve the 2022-2023 budget was made by Paul Rossbach and
seconded by Penny Wimberly. Motion unanimously passed.
8. Architecture Committee Report – David Cotner reported on ACC
activities in the neighborhood. ACC committee currently consists of:
a. David Cotner (Chairman)
b. Jim Maughan
c. Lois Girten
d. Don Thompson
e. Larry Spencer
9. Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations. Joanne & Paul to work
new versions of restrictions. Joanne to also look into By-Law updates. All
would need majority of Deerhaven POA members to vote for.
10. Boat Lockup Report – Paul presented his report.
a. New boat extension area is open and being populated. Working
down the list but over 2/3 of the way through. 19 boat spaces
and 5 single jetski or small trailer spaces added to lock-up in
the new area adding to the approximately 33 total spaces in the
11. Park Chairman Report
a. Gabe not in attendance.
b. Tennis/Pickle Ball court – No update. Alan Avery was helping
out to see if he could get a contractor lined up.
c. New keys planned and budgeted for the winter and pool coping
repairs need to be done then too.
12. Long Range Planning Committee Report. Going to form long range
planning committee again. Joanne will have Martha send out request for
volunteers for this work. Penny Wimberly, Pam Hutchins, and Georgia
Dismukes volunteered to serve on the committee. David Wuest
mentioned that Larry Spencer previously voiced interest.
13. WCID Report – David reported that our new billing management
company (AWR) seems to be adding a $1 payment fee for auto
draft customers. David to double check on this. Next WCID meeting
is 24 August at 9AM at the Pavillion.
14. Old Business –
Set Future POA Board meeting dates
a. September 24, 2022
b. December 3, 2022
c. February 25, 2023
d. April 22, 2023
e. June 3, 2023
15. Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI,
Section 7 since last meeting
1. Approve the amount not to exceed $450 + tax for 2 new fans
and new switch at the pool. Installed by Marcus Ahrens.
Paul made a motion Penny seconded. Motion
16. New Business
a. With no current acting President, Pam Hutchins (Treasurer)
requested the board approve her signing the insurance bills
each year. This request will be investigated by Pam and
b. David requested that we add the Road Commissioner’s report
back on the agenda for future meetings.
17. Property Owners Forum – No requests received.
18. Adjourn – David made a motion to adjourn the meeting Penny
seconded. Meeting adjourned at 10:51 a.m.
DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION