MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Monday, June 6, 2022 at 9 A.M.
A meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control Improvement District was held on the 6th day of June, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. at the Park Pavilion, 410 Lagoon Loop, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County Texas 78657. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting and the actions to be taken at the meeting were posted at the places and for the time required by the State of Texas.
Also present: Tammy Hargett , AWR Services,David Berrier, Berrier & Company P.C.
1. The Director called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. with a quorum of Directors present.
2. Public Comments: No public comments were offered
3. Approve minutes a motion was made by Director Rudenstein to approve the minutes of the March 21,2022 meeting and seconded by Director Becraft.
The motion was approved by unanimous vote
4. The next order of business was to discuss possible grants that might be available for additional work in completing the last phase of the water infrastructure improvement. The discussion resulted in a motion by Director Rudenstein, seconded by Director Becraft, and passed unanimously to allow Director Dykes to authorize MRB Group, Civil Engineers to investigate and, if appropriate, to apply for a grant to the Texas Department of Emergency Management in order to add additional water lines and Fire Hydrants to the water system. Additionally, the Board may contact Llano County to determine if any funds are available from the County under the American Rescue Plant Act (ARPA).
5. The next order of business was to review and approve changes to the current tap fee structure. After a discussion that included an analysis of fees from adjacent communities, a motion was made by Director Wuest, seconded by Director Becraft and passed unanimously to modify the tap fees to the following schedule of fees to be made effective on July 1, 2022:
¾” tap $2,750
1” tap $3000
1-1/2” tap $3,650
2” tap $4,250
6. The next order of business was to receive the bookkeeper’s report from David Berrier of Berrier & Company, P.C.. Mr. Barrier reviewed the report documents submitted to the Board for review. A copy of this report is attached to this correspondence as a reference.
7. The next order of business was to review a resolution on check signers on behalf of the Deerhaven WCID. It was determined that for consultant invoices, such as AWR and Berrier & Company, and for items in excess of $3,500, that checks should be signed by a Board Member and forwarded to AWR. Director Dykes is to be the default signer for AWR invoices, but any Board member is approved to sign. For operational and emergency expenses under $3,500, Hal Lanham of AWR is approved as a signer of checks on all three accounts at First United Bank of Horseshoe Bay, Texas. A motion to approve this action was presented by Director Wuest and seconded by Director Rudenstein. The motion passed unanimously.
8. The next order of business was to review and approve invoices to be paid. A copy of the bills and invoices is attached to this correspondence as a reference. A motion to pay the outstanding bills and Invoices was made by Director Becraft and seconded by Director Rudenstein. The motion passed unanimously.
9. The next order of business was to review the AWR Manager’s Report.
Tammy Hargett of AWR presented the monthly report to the board and reviewed the documents
presented to the board. A copy of this report is attached to this correspondence as a reference.
10. The next order of business was to review and approve the adoption of electronic water meters as a standard for the Deerhaven WCID. After a discussion, a motion was made by Director Dykes and seconded by Director Wuest to install electronic meters for all new installations and for all new required meter replacements. The motion passed unanimously. A second motion was made by Director Dykes and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve the purchase of six (6) new
electronic meters in order to have them available for installation. The motion passed unanimously.
11. The next order of business was to review and vote on new board positions. No new positions or
action was taken
12. The next order of business was to assign new authorized representatives for the Tex Pool Account. Director Becraft, David Berrier of Berrier &Company and Hal Lanham of AWR servicers are all assigned representatives of the Tex-Pool Account.
13. Such other matters as may come before the board. No other matters were forthcoming
There being no other business, Director Dykes moved to adjourn. The motion was seconded by
Director Wuest and passed unanimously.
President, Board of Directors