MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Saturday March 29, 2014 at 9 A.M. Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 29th day of March, 2014 at 9:00 A.M., at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Tim Dykes Mary Armagost – acting secretary
Director Ralph Hendricks was unable to attend.
Also in attendance was Tom Armagost, General Manager and David Fusilier (Naismith Engineering, Inc.)
1. Director Maughan called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M. with a quorum of Directors present, as indicated above
2. The first order of business was to approve the minutes from the February 1, 2014 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
3. The next order of business was to approve payment of invoices and bills, however there were none.
4. The next order of business was to Discuss/approve Surveying Contract.
Mr. Fusilier presented the Board with two contracts for their review.
The Board had a lengthy discussion with Mr. Fusilier regarding these contracts and after review, with a few minor changes, a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dietert authorizing President Maughan to sign the (clean copy) of the Surveying Contract. The motion carried unanimously.
5. The next order of business was to Discuss/approve Geo-Technical Contract.
Mr. Fusilier presented the Board with the Geo-Technical Contract for their review and approval.
There was a lengthy discussion regarding clarification on several items in the contract.
a. Drilling of 22 bore holes to check for rocks & type of rocks, water & sewer lines, etc. :
48 hours’ notice must be given prior to any drilling & should not require traffic control during this field program.
After all additional questions the Board had regarding this contract were answered; a motion was made by Director Dykes and seconded by Director Rudenstein to authorize President Maughan to sign this contract. The motion carried unanimously.
6. The next order of business was to Discuss water restriction enforcement.
The Board had a lengthy discussion on procedures that need to be followed, watering hours, etc. It was agreed that the guidelines as contained in the Water Conservation Plan & Drought Contingency Plan which was approved in May of 2013 would be followed. The General Manager will monitor water usage and if necessary issue a warning letter followed by a fine if necessary.
7. Such other matters to come before the Board.
Tom Armagost then addressed the Board regarding the possibility of looking for a candidate for backup for him for financial reports and water billing, collections, etc.
A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dietert authorizing a pay raise for Tom who will work with the engineers and contractors on the water line upgrade project, and also authorizing him to seek a backup person. The motion carried unanimously.
8. There being no further business to come before the Board a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary