MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Saturday, November 23, 2013 at 9:00 A.M.– Blue Lake Clubhouse
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 23rd day of November 2013 at 9:00 a.m., at the Blue Lake Clubhouse, 214 W. Bluebonnet Road, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Jeff Rudenstein Mary Armagost – acting secretary
Directors Ralph Hendricks and Tim Dykes were unable to attend.
Also in attendance were Tom Armagost, Tom Pollan (Bond Council), John Barganski (Financial Advisor) and Sharon Bowen (Notary).
1. President Maughan called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M. with a quorum of directors present, as indicated above.
2. The first order of business was to approve the minutes from the October 26, 2013 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
3. The next order of business was to approve payment of invoices and bills. Tom informed the Board that he had two invoices, one for Tony Corbett in the amount of $60 and the other one for the TCEQ in the amount of $175. A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dietert authorizing payment of these bills. The motion carried unanimously.
4. Tom Pollan then presented the Board with all of the legal documents that needed to be approved, signed and notarized regarding the following:
Consideration and action on an order authorizing the issuance of $1,250,000 “Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District General Obligation Bonds, Series 2013”, authorizing the sale thereof; enacting Provisions incident and related to the issuance of said bonds.
John Barganski also presented the Board with a “Series 2013 Dfund Financing Terms” for their review and the Board informed him that they do have a tight contract with the Deerhaven POA for their yearly payment of approximately $35,000 to the WCID.
After review of the documents a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein approving, signing & notarizing the legal documents as presented to them. The motion carried unanimously.
5. The next order of business was to discuss status of Geo-Tech, Surveying, Naismith Engineering. President Maughan stated that he had no response from David Fusilier regarding this matter, therefore no action could be taken.
6. The next order of business was to discuss future meeting locations.
Tom informed the Board that he had received notification from the Blue Lake Property Owners Association after the first of next year our meetings could still be held at the Blue Lake Clubhouse, however there would now be a charge of $100 per meeting as the WCID is a taxing entity. President Maughan informed the Board that he had contacted the owner of the real estate office building at 101 Deerhaven Drive allowing its use for future meetings. It was also suggested that 410 Lagoon Loop be included as possible meeting place. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein that we keep the Blue Lake Clubhouse as a meeting place and add the other two locations as stated above. The motion carried unanimously.
7. The next order of business was for such other matters to come before the Board. The only item discussed and no action was taken was in regards to possible candidates to serve on the Board.
8. The next order of business was to adjourn. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary