MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING Saturday, August 17, 2019 at 9 A.M. Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 17 th day of August 2019 at 9:00 A.M., at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Also in attendance was Tom Armagost, General Manager and Joe Becraft
- Vice President Tim Dykes called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M.
- Approve minutes from February 23, 2019 meeting.
After reviewing the minutes, a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and secondedby Director Dietert to Approve these minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
- Approve bills and invoices:
There were no bills or invoices presented.
- Discuss/approve Letter Agreement for the 2019 tax collection fee. A motion was made by Director Wuest and seconded by Director Hendricks to authorize the 2019 collection fee in the amount of $1,050. The motion carried unanimously.
- Discuss/approve Engagement letter from Singleton, Clark & Co., for 2019 Fiscal Year Audit. After considerable discussion Director Rudenstein made a motion and seconded by Director Dietert to approve the Engagement Letter and annual Audit fee in the amount of $6,100. The motion carried unanimously.
- Discuss proposed budget for FY 2019-2020. Considerable discussion of the proposed budget ensued. No changes were suggested.
- Discuss/propose tax rate for 2019. Set date for tax hearing, authorize publication of Hearing notice. After discussion, a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Wuest approving the proposed current tax rate of $0.229 per $100 of appraised value for 2019, keeping the tax rate the same as 2018, and setting the date of September 7th for the hearing and authorized publishing the hearing notice in the Llano News. The motion carried unanimously.
- Such other matters as may come before the Board.
Tom Armagost presented the Board with a letter of resignation he received from Director Dietert who is resigning for health reasons. No action was taken at this time but will be taken up at the September meeting. Mr. Joe Becraft indicated that he was willing to serve out Director Dietert’s term. No action was taken at this time but will be taken up at the September meeting.
A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.