DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION QUARTERLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021
- Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Paul Rossbach at 9:02 A.M.
Directors present: David Wuest, Gabe Pincelli, Paul Rossbach, Albert LaCasse
Directors / Officers not present: Jimmy Springfield, Dale Read, Terry Calloway, Pam Hutchins
Also, in attendance: Joanne Severn – Secretary, Deerhaven POA members
- Review/Approval of August 11, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Albert motioned for approval and David seconded. Motion unanimously passed
- Chairman’s Report – Nothing to report – still vacant position
- President’s Report – Gabe reported that we should keep meetings under control and to keep on the agenda. He also mentioned that the Property Owners Forum will be moved to the end of the agenda because many times questions asked at the beginning of the meeting that will be covered later in the meeting.
Paul made a motion to approve the Garcia plat request and Albert seconded. Motion unanimously passed. Gabe will notify Garcia of plat approval.
- Vice President’s Report – David reported that the mowing contract was sent to all and we need a clause to add “no liability” to Deerhaven POA.
Gabe made a motion to approve the mowing contract and Albert seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Treasurer’s Report – no present – nothing to report
- Architecture Committee Report – With the new SB1588 requirements that indicates that a POA Director of the Board cannot be on the Architecture Committee there was discussion on a property owner will fill this committee. New ACC committee members are: David Cotner, Chair, Larry Spencer; Lois Girten and Jim Maughan.
Mike Light is a licensed inspector and compliance officer that presented the services that he can provide to Deerhaven POA on Architecture guidelines with new builds/remodeling to ensure that they are in accordance with our convenants and restrictions. Mike currently does these services for Blue Lake Estates and several other HOA/POA in the area. Mike will send his pricing to the Board.
ACC Report –
- No updates on the Blonkvist house – construction has been halted – permit has expired. David will inform the property owner that the permit has expired.
- 209 Deerhaven – they are close to replatting
- Discuss Restrictions and Covenants violations
There was a trailer that is in the driveway on Lakeview. Gabe has asked the owner to remove it and the owner said they would, but they have not done so at this time.
- Boat Lockup Report
1 Boat space is open and 2 jet ski spots open
- Park Chairman Report
Gabe thanked David Cotner for spearheading the electrical repair, cleaning of the tennis court and palm tree.
The electrical report was budgeted at $6,100 and it came in at $7,000. The contractor who was hired to do the trenching did not fix the sprinkler, back fill or do trenching across the road.
Tennis Court/Pickle Ball update –
1st contractor was just to resurface – but backed out
2nd contractor – backed out
3rd contractor – does not want to resurface but estimated $32,000 to pour a new surface.
One person has asked for their donation to be returned.
Gabe made a motion to purchase a new net not to exceed $300 and $100 for a sign – David seconded. Motion unanimously passed
Gabe reported that a tree limb fell and damaged a truck. Both insurance companies are discussing the claim.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report – nothing to report
- WCID Report – David indicated that the WCID is looking into a professional management service company for assistance. All meetings are posted.
- Old Business – Nothing to report
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting
- New Business
- SB1588 new law applies to communities with more than 40 lots. Deerhaven POA must abide by this new law.
- 4 documents were received from our attorney and there were some corrections made in order to be in compliance with SB1588.
- David made a motion to approve the 4 new governing documents per SB155 Texas Law Changes and Albert seconded. Motion unanimously passed
- Property Owners Forum – No requests received.
- Adjourn – David made a motion to adjourn the meeting Albert seconded. Meeting adjourned at 11:14 a.m.