DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
BLUE LAKE GOLF CLUB CLUBHOUSE
214 W BLUEBONNET ROAD, HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020 – 9:00 A.M.
- Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Cat at 9:02 am
Directors present: David Wuest, Terry Calloway, Dale Read, Jerry Pruett, Jimmy Springfield.
Not present – Gabe Pincelli, Paul Rossbach,
Also, in attendance: Catherine Clanton – President, Joanne Severn – Secretary, Not present: Pam Hutchins – Treasurer
- Review/Approval of September 19, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes
Jerry motioned for approval and Dale seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
- None received
- Election Committee – Cat reported that we have a member-at-large to volunteer to be on the election committee. Dave made the motion to approve Arlene Dahl as the member-at-large to be on the Election Committee. Jerry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
The Board member to be on the Election Committee will be Dale.
Per our bylaws the Vice President is the chairman of this committee, but the Vice President position is currently vacant. Cat indicated that as the President she can be the Chairman of the Election Committee. Jerry made the motion and Dale seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
Cat recommended that we send the ballots out by email like Joanne did last year. Joanne indicated that she recommends that we pay for the Survey Monkey that provides information that the email was opened and received by the receiver. This will alleviate having to send out paper ballots for persons that opened their email but did not respond. We will still send out paper ballots to residents that do not have an email on file at PAMCO. Cat indicated that at the February 27th meeting Joanne will have the recommendation on how to vote and secondly there will be a letter communicating asking residents who are interested in the being on the board and put on the ballot. Then in April we will send out the actual ballots. There will be 4 people on the board that their term will expire on June 30, 2021 – they are Gabe, Jerry, Paul, and David. Joanne will also get the cost for the Survey Monkey.
Cat indicated that June 5th is the next meeting after February and that is usually when we have Deerhaven POA annual dinner. She asked that people think about ways that we may still be able to have the annual dinner.
- Chairman’s Report – Joanne read the report that Gabe sent to the board members for his report. He indicated that during Covid pandemic that we have been using email more to communicate so please check your emails regularly.
- President’s Report
Cat asked if we have any information about the tennis court. Joanne indicated that Gabe said he received information that $9,500 has been raised for the Pickle Ball Court. He also indicated that the total cost would be approximately would be $13,500 and that the POA should vote to contribute $4,000 towards this project. David indicated that there is maintenance like tree trimming to be done around the court.
A resident asked what it would take to vote on the $4,000 today. David indicated that there are other expenses in maintaining the court such as, signage, locks, and tree trimming.
Jerry made a motion to table the discussion of the Pickle Ball court. Nobody seconded. The motion does not pass.
Dale makes a motion to have the POA make a donation of $4,000 towards the Pickle Ball court. David seconded the motion. 4 members voted for the motion (Dale, David, Jimmy and Terry) and one member abstained (Jerry). Motion passed.
Cat reported about having the Firewise pamphlet printed. Cat reported the cost for 100 black and white copies would cost $30 and cost for 100 color copies is $144. Cat recommends that we put these pamphlet/brochures on the website. It was decided to put these brochure/pamphlet on website.
- Vice President’s Report – Cat indicated that there is not a report. We still need a volunteer to be the Vice President.
- Treasurer’s Report – The treasurers report was sent to all the board members. Joanne read the Treasurers report. We will begin providing the treasurers report to the community. Joanne will start putting the treasurer report on the website.
- Architectural Committee Report
Jerry indicated approvals were done via email and are listed in the ratification section below.
- Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations.
There has been a boat trailer parked for over a month on Lagoon Loop. Cat will reach out to the owner regarding this issue.
Covenant and enforcement needs to be put on the next meeting agenda. Research for policies and consequences need to be discussed.
- Boat Lockup Report
– No report
- Park Chairman Report
Joanne indicated that Gabe said reports that there are no changes to key situation.
Special thanks to Jim Maughan to successful park clean up and thanks to all the volunteers that helped out.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report
Board need to get feedback from the community on items for the Long Range Planning
- Road Commissioner / WCID Report –
David called PEC indicating that our subdivision is pretty dark and that some streets do not have street lights and some that do the lights are burnt out. PEC said to get a count of all the bulbs that have been burnt out. Any bulbs that are burnt out – PEC will not pay for the bulbs and they are about $11 to $12 a piece. Jerry indicated that POA should hot have to pay for bulbs and that PEC is suppose to be covering the cost of bulbs. David asked that the residents let him know if there are any bulbs are out.
If there are any damages to street signs – David indicated they are expensive to fix or replace.
- Old Business –
Nothing to report.
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting
- a) September 27, 2020 – Approve to allow Lori Bouchie and Wendy Ortega to have access to the email list for the express purpose of contacting property owners regarding the pickle ball court fundraiser (and nothing else). Gabe made the motion and Jerry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- b) September 28, 2020 – Approve Joanne Severn as Deerhaven’s new webmaster. Jerry made the motion and Jimmy seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- c) October 6, 2020 – Approval to have Martha Duffin send out an email notice to property owners regarding a park clean-up day on Saturday, October 24, 2020. Dale made the motion and Paul seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- d) November 2, 2020 – Approve Cat Clanton as chairperson of the Election Committee. Terry made the motion and Dale seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- e) November 7, 2020 – Approve permit application and variance request for re-build of the boat dock at 503 Lakeview. Dale made the motion and Jerry seconded. Motion unanimously passes.
A resident indicated that all variances should be recorded specifically indicating what the variance is and the date of approval. And in addition, the variance request and the reason for approval of the variance should be put into the minutes.
A resident asked about if there were any updates regarding short term rentals. This will be put on the agenda on the February 27, 2020 meeting for updates/discussion regarding the letter from attorney about short term rentals.
Jerry made a motion to approve the ratifications and Dale seconded. Motion unanimously passes.
- New Business
- Meeting adjourned at 10:20 a.m. by motion by Jerry. David seconded. Motion unanimously passed.