DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2012 – 9:00 A.M. – BLUE LAKE CLUBHOUSE
Renea Latham, Chairman
Sandi Becraft, Vice President
Randy Delmastro, Director
Tom Burt, Treasurer
Diane Diertert, Director
Mary Armagost, Secretary
Pam Hutchins, Director
Mark Malcom, Director
Eldon & Pauline Tarver, Park Commissioners
JoAnn Rosch, Director
PeterRosch, Architectural Committee
Roxanne Silva, Director
Jerry Pruett, Lockup Commissioner
Road Commissioner Frank Preston was unable to attend.
Guests in attendance were Jeff Rudenstein, Arlene Wieland, Tom Armagost, and Michael Walsh & Denise Wolfs.
1. Chairman Latham called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M.
2. The first order of business was to elect a new Chairman of the Board; however since there were no volunteers to take over this position at this time the current chairman, Renea Latham agreed to continue as the Chairman only until the next meeting scheduled in September when they will again address this position. A motion was made by Director Delmastro and seconded by Director Dietert to accept this decision. The motion carried unanimously.
3. The next order of business to come before the Board was the approval of the minutes from both the Director’s meeting and General meeting held on June 23, 2012. A motion was made by Director Rosch and seconded by Director Delmastro to approve these minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
4. The next order of business was the Treasurer’s Report (Tom Burt).
Treasurer Burt provided the Board with an updated Statement of Accounts for the period 7-1-11 through 6-30-12 (current bank balances, expenses, etc.) Treasurer Burt also presented a Budget for the period 7-1-12 through 6-30-13. The budget included $597 for the new website. Director Delmastro requested that an extra $200 be added to the new website costs. Tom stated that he felt the rest of the expenses would most likely remain the same for the coming year. It was also noted that no funds were received this past year from the Blue Haven Foundation for beautification. A motion was made by Director Malcom & seconded by Director Rosch to accept the Treasurer’s report. The motion carried unanimously.
5. The next order of business was Park/Landscaping Report (Pauline & Eldon Tarver).
Eldon stated that there was nothing really to report other than a recent lock-up of the restroom in the pool area due to a stoppage; however Daniel Silva took care of the problem for them. It was noted that the key to the restroom is not the same as the ones to the gates, however if there is a problem in the area, then the Tarvers or another individual who has a key are to be notified. Eldon also requested a work party when the weather cools down.
The restroom in the barn also needs some repairs and Director Silva stated that she would ask her husband to check it out and give his recommendations.
6. The next order of business was the Road Commissioner Report. (No report).
7. The next order of business was the Architecture Chairman Report (Peter Rosch).
Peter informed the Board that the SRP’s are laying flagstones over their driveway and it should be finished soon. Peter also stated that the only request he had in regards to a permit was from the Campbells on Lagoon Loop who are going to enclose their carport and so some remodeling to the house, however no permit was required for this.
Peter then stated that in regards to the controversy between the SRP’s and Linda Cowden, he feels that it is in the best interest of the POA to stay out of the controversy and let their attorneys settle the issue. Peter did state that Cowden’s attorney has requested architectural plans, etc. Peter stated that he has not been able to contact the previous chairman but feels that the plans were from the 1970’s when the home was originally built and would most likely not help with the current situation. It was also noted that prior to Cowden’s “as is” purchase and any remodeling done by the SRPs, water stains were visible in the garage area. The Board agreed that no further action would be taken on the POA’s part at this time.
8. The next order of business was the Boat Lockup Commissioner Report (Jerry Pruett)
Jerry reported that he had gotten three estimates for taking down the dead tree in the lockup area and presented them to the Board. All were bonded & carry insurance. After review the Board decided to accept the bid from Riggs in the amount of $1150. They will cut down the tree, haul off all the debris & clean out the vines. They will also move out the boats & trailers prior to cutting down the tree and then put them back upon completion. A motion was made by Director Hutchins & seconded by Director Silva to accept the estimate from Riggs, the motion carried unanimously.
9. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Meeting dates for the coming year were scheduled as follows:
Sept. 8, November 10 2012, Feb. 9, April 13, June 22, July13, 2013.
b. Select audit committee: JoAnn Rosch and Pam Hutchins agreed to serve on this committee.
c. Discuss/approve replacing keys for park facilities:
There was a lengthy discussion regarding this matter. At the present time thecost to replace a lost key is $10. The Board agreed this should be raised to $25 for the first “lost” key and $200 for any additional “lost” keys. It’s the responsibility of the homeowners who rent their homes to get their keys returned. After a lengthy discussion it was also decided that billing next year for lot owner keys would be raised to $70, which means they will be paying the same amount as homeowners which covers amenities used and insurance coverage. A discussion followed in regards to changing the lock on the bathroom door at the pool to be the same as the one that opens the gate and also adding a dead bolt inside & outside the bathroom to be opened by the old key in case of repairs, A motion was made by Director Delmastro and seconded by Director Dietert approving these items. The motion carried unanimously. Director Dietert also stated that the pool rules need to be enforced: mainly “homeowner must be with guests”.
d. Discuss/approve printing updated directories w/Blue Lake.
Secretary Armagost showed the list of changes in addresses, emails & phone numbers since the directory was last printed in 2010. A motion was made by Director Rosch & seconded by Director Malcom approving the printing of the directories, the motion carried unanimously.
e. “Correction to “assessment of Dearhaven properties”. (Diane Dietert)
The “correction” referred to on the agenda regarding the “Assessment of Deerhaven Properties” is including the following words shown in italics in paragraph 4 of the previously approved form: NOW, THEREFORE, LET IT BE KNOWN, that the Board of Directors of the POA adopted the following assessments on April 14, 2012, that are due, in advance, for the following year, on July 1st of each year, payable to the Deerhaven Property Owners Association, Inc. A motion was made by Director Delmastro and seconded by Director Hutchins to make this “correction”. The motion carried unanimously.
f. Discuss/approve transfer of lots 349 & 350 from the WCID.
Jeff Rudenstein from the WCID was present and informed the Board that the lots would be transferred to the POA but not until their engineer determines how much land will be needed for a staging area when work begins on updating the water lines.
10. OLD BUSINESS:
a. Discuss/approve pending contract w/Horseshoe Bay regarding the gate at the rock. There was a lengthy discussion regarding this contract. Director Rosch presented the Board with the newest revision of the contract from Horseshoe Bay. She stated that Director Dietert had volunteered to assist her in this and they had done a lot and that she had sent a note to Tony Dawson that they are working on it. Copies of their proposed changes were presented to the Board. Director Dietert proceeded to give a history of the “rock”. She stated that they had contacted Attorney Ronny Yates regarding this matter and gave the Board his findings. Director Dietert also requested that in the cover letter to Lago Escondido mention should be made to the fact that Public Records in Llano County, no records have been found giving them access on Granite Ridge. Director Dietert also reviewed other legal items that will need to be addressed prior to final approval of the contract. After review & discussion the Board agreed to the Following:
a) Signage to read Emergency Vehicles Only, (EMS, Fire Trucks & Police) b) Large trucks, construction or other vehicles prohibited w/without lead car, c) Key to lock box to be on both sides of gate and video tapes are made available for reviewing by both parties. A motion was made by Director Malcom & seconded by Director Hutchins approving these changes to the contract. The motion carried unanimously.
b. Discuss/approve following items tabled at April 14th meeting.
1. Review/vote on action regarding compliance with fire contract regarding reflective house numbers. Eldon Tarver stated that at last count there were only 20 who did not have the house numbers, he will give the list to V.P. Becraft and she and Chairman Latham will check to make sure it is an accurate amount. Director Malcom stated that if they would fill out the forms for him he would take them to Llano and get the house numbers & deliver them.
2. Discuss Board position on future re-platting of multiple contiguous undeveloped lots and possible amendment to restriction #15 to set criteria for re-platting procedures for such lots.
Chairman Latham requested that this item be moved to the September Agenda.
3. Discuss voting rights of ex officio officers. There was a lengthy discussion regarding this, however the Board agreed that no changes will be made from the current voting rights but will be addressed at the same time as updates/changes are made to our By-Laws.
There being no further business to come before the Board a motion was made by Director Malcom and seconded by Director Delmastro to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Mary Armagost, Secretary Deerhaven POA