DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SATURDAY, June 22, 2013 – 9:00 A.M. – BLUE LAKE CLUBHOUSE IN ATTENDANCE:
Renea Latham, Chairman Tom Burt, Treasurer
JoAnn Rosch, Director Mary Armagost, Secretary
Randy Delmastro, Director Frank Preston, Road Commissioner
Mark Malcom, Director Peter Rosch, Airchitectural Chairman
Pam Hutchins, Director Jerry Pruett, Lock-up Commissioner
Sandi Becraft, Vice President
Not in attendance was Director Diane Dietert.
The following were also in attendance: Jeff Rudenstein, Jim Maughan, Craig Clark, and Bob Duffin.
1. Chairman Latham called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M.
2. The first order of business was approval of minutes from the Board of Director’s meeting on April 13, 2013. A motion was made by Director Malcom and seconded by Director Delmastro to approve these minutes, the motion carried unanimously.
3. The next order of business was the Chairman of the Board Report (Renea Latham) Chairman Latham reported that she had a letter from Mr.Lemaster stating that so far 11 lots have been cleared and that a second letter will be sent out within the next 2-3 weeks on a lot to lot basis to those who still need to have their lots cleared to be in compliance with our fire cotract with Horseshoe Bay.
4. The next order of business was the Treasurer’s Report (Tom Burt)
Treasurer Burt presented the Board with a Statement of Accounts for the period of 7-1-12 through 6-22-13 and also a Comparative Statement for Fiscal Years ending 6-30-12 VS 6-30-11. A motion was made by Director Rosch & seconded by Director Malcom approving these reports and copies of both become a part of these minutes. The motion carried unanimously. Tom also informed those present of the $2,325 donation from the Blue-Haven Foundation this year.
5. The next order of business was a WCID report from James Maughan, President of the WCID.
James reported that recently the Master Meter had been replaced as it had been reading inaccturately. The new meter has one low volume reading and one high volume reading. James also informed those present that the final draft of their loan application as prepared by Naismith Engineering should be filed within a week with the Texas Water Development Board.
6. The next order of business was Park/Landscaping Report (Sandi Becraft & Jerry Pruett)
Vice President Becraft requested the Board’s approval for a quarterly contract in the amount of $175 with Ed Miller for clearing the entrances & to also authorize her to call him out “as needed” should it become necessary. A motion was made by Director Hutchins and seconded by Director Delmastro to approve this request. The motion carried unanimously.
Jerry Pruett requested that the Board approve $300 for him to be able to contact someone to clear debris at the edge of the lake and behind the barn as water moccasins have been found at the boat dock and ramp creating a hazard. A motion was made by Director Rosch and seconded by Director Hutchins authorizing the $300. The motion carried unanimously. Jerry Pruett also inquired, since Peter Rosch has injured his back, who would put up the new door in the pool area. Jim Maughan & Jeff Rudenstein volunteered to do this.
7. The next order of business was the Road Commissioner Report (Frank Preston)
Frank stated that he had seen snakes at the park and a coral snake along a property line and feels that this information/warning should be included in the next Newsletter.
Frank stated that the mower had developed a strange noise while he was mowing the roadways and requested that the Board allow him to take it in to be checked out. Frank also stated that he would really like the Board to find someone else to do the mowing, if the mower can be fixed for approximately $350, or to hire someone to do it, approximately four times year, depending on rainfall/growth/etc. Discussions followed regarding getting it fixed/or hiring someone to do it. A motion was made by Director Malcom and seconded by Director Rosch to first get an estimate on how much it will cost to get the mower repaired and then they will address hiring someone. The motion carried unanimously.
8. The next order of business was the Boat Lockup Commissioner Report (Jerry Pruett)
Jerry stated that at present he has 31 spaces rented however there are 3-4 spaces still available under the trees. Jerry also requested that he would like to purchase concrete slabs to aid in parking boats, etc. in the Lockup & also he requested that PEC be contacted and a light be installed on the pole to the entrance of the lockup to aid those who put their boats in at night and for security. Tom Burt will need to check with PEC regarrding the light, however no decision was made regarding the concrete slabs.
9. The next order of business was the Architecture Chairman Report (Peter Rosch)
Peter informed the Board that two new homes are currently under construction and should be completed within the next 4-5 months. Peter also stated that Linda Cowden is currently replacing her current deck with concrete & will be installing new pipe. Due to the fact that Lucy Anderson’s home has recently sold & should close by the end of the month, no action was taken regarding the 10 foot utility easement requested by Mr. Castro.
10. The next order of business was a report on the results of the election for Board of Directors and was given by Secretary Mary Armagost.
Mary stated that the ballots were counted Friday evening and that all candidates who were on the ballot were elected. Mary thanked those who agreed to serve in their current positions for another year, she also thanked JoAnn & Peter Rosch for their service as they have sold their home here and will be moving.
11. New Business:
Chairman Latham informed those present that our By-Laws had passed, however our Restrictions did not pass. Updates on the next step regarding the Restrictions will be discussed at the July 13 meeting.
Treasurer Burt inquired as to whether the Board wanted to make a donation to Blue Lake to be used for fireworks. A motion was made by Director Delmastro and seconded by Director Malcom, authorizing $500 be given, the motion carried unanimously.
12. Old Business:
a. Discuss status of concrete wall between Deerhaven & Lago Escondido. Chairman Latham informed those present that it had been installed & Renea wanted to thank Milton Dietert for his help
13. There were no additional comments or questions from residents/guests in attendance.
14. A motion was made by Director Delmastro & seconded by Director Rosch to adjourn, the motion carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Secretary, Deerhaven POA