MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Friday, May 18, 2012 at 4:30 P.M.– Blue Lake Clubhouse
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 18th day of May 2012 at 4:30 p.m., at the Blue Lake Clubhouse, 214 W. Bluebonnet Road, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
- Joe Becraft
- Jeff Rudenstein
- Milton Dietert
- James Maughan Mary Armagost – acting secretary
- Ralph Hendricks
- Also in attendance was Tom Armagost.
Director Becraft called the meeting to order at 4:30 P.M. with a quorum of directors present, as indicated above.
- The first order of business was to approve the minutes from the April 20, 2012 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Hendricks to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
- The next order of business was to approve payment of invoices and bills however there were none.
- The next order of business was to approve the new Llano County collection fees. Tom stated that he had received a Letter of Agreement from Llano County that stated that last year the fee was $365 and this year it will be $555.A motion was made by Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Dietert to approve this Letter of Agreement. The motion carried unanimously.
- The next order of business was to discuss/approve refund of tax penalty & interest for one homeowner. Two letters were presented to the Board, one from Linda Cowden requesting the refund and a letter from the Llano County Tax Assessors office stating that legally the WCID does not have to make the refund. There was a lengthy discussion regarding this request however most felt it was a “good will” gesture on their part. A motion was made by Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Maughan to refund $186.05 to Linda Cowden. The motion carried with a 3 for and 2 against vote. The Board then wanted it known and recorded that this was a one time refund, that it would not set a precedent and that in the future, should the same situation arise, it would be handled under the same guidelines as the Llano County Tax Assessors office.
- The next order of business was to review Tom Pollan’s election schedule. A discussion followed in regards to the Proposed Timeline for Deerhaven WCID Bond Election Process chart that Tom Pollan had prepared and which each member had received a copy. It was noted that the Board members would need to keep track of all the dates on this schedule. It was noted that prior to the August 8th date on this schedule the Board would need to address the budget and proposed tax rate for the coming year. It was also noted that the Board would need to contact Tom Pollan in regards to preparing the necessary documentation to call the election and put it on the ballot. All pertinent information will be sent to both Tom Pollan and Attorney Corbett and they can then decide who will prepare the necessary documentation for calling the election, which must be done in both English & Spanish.Director Becraft stated that they had received a copy of the pre-clearance from the Department of Justice in regards to extension of terms of the officers.
- The next order of business was to review and set the budget and tax setting schedule. (Milton & Tom) Director Becraft requested this item be tabled for discussion until later in the meeting.
- The next order of business was to discuss POA annual meeting needs, if any. Tom suggested that they contact David Fusilier and ask him to prepare a couple of boards to set up with updated maps and information, even though this will not be the Board’s public hearing it will help with answering any questions those attending this meeting may have. Director Maughan inquired as to whether we had any feedback from our recent mail out and was told that as of this date there were only four.
- The next order of business was to review the TWDB meeting. Director Becraft stated each Board member was sent a copy of the memo from Tom Pollan that reviewed the meeting they had with the Texas Water Development Board. The good news was that our old water contract with Horseshoe Bay would be sufficient, however they requested a letter from Horseshoe Bay that they will continue serving us on a long-term basis. There was a lengthy discussion in regards to this matter and the Board authorized Director Hendricks to set up a meeting with Stan Farmer as they need something from Horseshoe Bay as the supplier before funding will be made by the Texas Water Development Board. Director Becraft stated that he would also talk to Jeff Koska regarding pressures and volumes.
- The next order of business was to discuss/approve the monitoring plan revision: upcoming Consumer Confidence Report. (James Maughan) Director Maughan stated that the only revision made was (we’re covered under Horseshoe Bay until we take over our water system). A motion was made by Director Maughan and seconded by Director Dietert to approve this revision. The motion carried unanimously.
- The next order of business was to discuss response to recent mail out.
- This was discussed above under item (7).
- Discuss timing of neighborhood meeting. Notification updates. Director Becraft asked the Board to give some thought as to when they felt the neighborhood meeting should be held and it was suggested that it should be sometime in October. Also a follow-up letter will be sent to all registered voters in Llano County who own property in Deerhaven.
- The next order of business was to set dates for July/August meetings.
- No dates were set at this time but will be set on a “as needed” basis, however meetings will be scheduled in August in regards to the Budget and to set the tax rates for the next year
- The next order of business was to adjourn. A motion was made by Director Maughan and seconded by Director Dietert to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
- No date was set for the next meeting.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary