MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 9 A.M.
Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 27th day of June, 2020 at 9:00 A.M., at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
David Wuest was unable to attend.
Also in attendance was Tom Armagost
- Director Dykes called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. with a quorum of Directors present, as indicated above.
- The first order of business was to approve the Minutes from the January 25th, 2020 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Becraft and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve the minutes. The Motion carried unanimously.
- The next order of business was to approve payment of bills and invoices.
There were none.
- The next order of business was to discuss contracting with the Llano County MUD #1 for administrative backup.
Director Becraft informed the Board that the Llano County MUD#1 (MUD) had postponed their Board meeting that was scheduled for June 25th until July 1st. The MUD Board was going to bring up Deerhaven’s WCID request for the MUD to backup the General Manager in all administrative matters.
Tom Armagost advised the Board that Tim Webb had learned from the MUD office that the WCID has proposed that the MUD be the GM’s backup. On Saturday, June 20, upon completion of the meter readings, Tim Webb’s friend (Melodie Bradbury) returned the meter reading worksheet and stated that she wants to be my backup. I called her Monday to discuss her background as to whether or not she could do the job. She used to do a lot of work with the Bertram City Counsel and is very familiar with the RVS Software that is used to process the water transactions. Beyond that I am not sure. She indicated that she is a fast learner.
It was the consensus of the Board that having one person as backup would leave the WCID in the same position as we are now in. Therefore the Board is very much in favor of contracting with the MUD office as there would be more than one person involved. No action was taken at this time.
- Discuss retaining an Accounting firm to conduct the 2020 audit.
Tom Armagost informed the Board that the accounting firm, Singleton, Clark & Co. sent an email stating that they would no longer perform the audit for 2020 as their firm was concentrating on School Districts and Municipalities. Llano County MUD received the same email as they were conducting the audit for the MUD. In discussing this with Angela Thomas, General Manager of the MUD she indicated they were looking at three firms. Tom Armagost asked his son, who is also a CPA, to determine the qualifications of each firm. He reviewed this with the Texas State Board of Accountancy and found all firms to be in good standing with no complaints. Tom again checked with Ms. Thomas on the 26th to determine if they have chosen a firm. She stated that she sent requests for proposals from each firm and has not heard back from them. I feel the WCID should use the same firm as we have done in the past. Ms. Thomas stated she will keep me informed, however, it will probable by August before they make a decision. Tom stated that he would be comfortable with any of the three firms. No action was taken at this time.
- There being no further business, a motion to adjourn was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Becraft to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 10:15 A.M.