MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Friday, July 6, 2012 at 4:30 P.M.– Blue Lake Clubhouse
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 6th day of July 2012 at 4:30 p.m., at the Blue Lake Clubhouse, 214 W. Bluebonnet Road, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Mary Armagost – acting secretary
Also in attendance was Tom Armagost.
Director Becraft called the meeting to order at 4:30 P.M. with a quorum of directors present, as indicated above.
1. The first order of business was to approve the minutes from the May 18, 2012 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Maughan to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
2. The next order of business was to approve payment of invoices and bills however there were none.
3. The next order of business was to consider the latest draft of the Wholesale Water Supply & Treatment contract from Horseshoe Bay.
Vote to approve/not approve Horseshoe Bay’s changes and/or the District’s alternative provisions.
Approve/not approve an overall response to Horseshoe Bay.
There was a very lengthy discussion to the above items, it was felt that overall it was a workable contract however the Board felt there were still certain items that needed to be addressed prior to signing it. Director Hendricks will be in contact with Stan Farmer to discuss the items the Board is not comfortable with. Director Dietert will also check with the Rowe’s to make sure their fees have not changed.
5. Lots 349 & 350: Discuss the WCID’s future need for all or part of these lots. Vote on how much to re-convey and when. Director Becraft requested this item be moved and addressed prior to item 4 on the Agenda.
There was a lengthy discussion in regards to transferring these two lots back to the POA. The Board felt that they shouldn’t make a final decision on this matter until the engineer is contacted to determine just how much area he proposes will be needed for a staging area for the water line improvement project.
4. The next order of business was to discuss the November Board election: Candidates, last day to file, current tasks, meeting schedule, etc. A discussion followed in regards to the Proposed Timeline for Deerhaven WCID Bond Election Process chart that was prepared by Tom Pollan and which each member had received a copy. It was noted that the Board members would need to keep track of all the dates on this schedule. It was noted that prior to the August 8th date on this schedule the Board would need to call the election, address the budget and proposed tax rate for the coming year. Director Becraft & Director Hendricks, both outgoing Directors, advised the Board that they would notify the Board whether or not they will remain on the Board for another term in plenty of time for filing. A meeting has been schedule for July 27th at 4:30 P.M. to address the above issues.
6. The next order of business was to adjourn. A motion was made by Director Maughan and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary