MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Friday, August 4, 2017 at 9:00 A.M.
Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 4th day of August, 2017 at 9:00 A.M. at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Director Tim Dykes was unable to attend this meeting. Also in attendance were Tom Armagost, General Manager, Adam Luke, Naesmith Engineering and Teresa Jones.
- President James Maughan called the meeting to order at 9 A.M.
- President Maughan moved item #10 Discuss/approve water issues to enable Ms. Teresa Jones who resides on Fawn Ridge Road to address the Board. Ms. Jones presented a request for reimbursement of expenses she incurred due to the drainage of her water heater whenever the water was turned off on Lakeview Drive and Fawn Ridge Road. She stated that whenever the water was turned off it drained her water heater and burned out the heating element. This occurred on three different occasions. She presented bills from her plumber in the amount of $400.54. After considerable discussion a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dietert to approve payment. The motion carried.
There were no other water issues presented to the Board.
Ms. Jones left the meeting at this time.
Mr. Adam Luke joined the meeting at this time
- Discuss/consider Adopt Resolution 17-0804-01 Accepting the Work Completed and approve releasing retainer funds to QRO Mex Construction Co. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein adopting the Resolution and to release the funds. The motion carried.
- Approve minutes from January 28, 2017 meeting. After reviewing the minutes a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve these minutes. The motion carried.
- Approve payment of bills and invoices. There were no bills or invoices to be approved.
- Ratify Legal Services Agreement with Attorney Anthony S. Corbett. GM Armagost informed the Board that Attorney Corbett’s partner had retired, therefore, the law firm of Freeman and Corbett was dissolved. Attorney Corbett jointed the law firm of McLean and Howard which requires a new Legal Services Agreement with Attorney Corbett. President Maughan signed the Agreement on March 11, 2017. A motion to Ratify the Legal Services Agreement was made my Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Dietert. The motion carried.
- Discuss/Approve Audit Engagement Letter with Singleton Clark & Co. GM Armagost presented an Engagement Letter from Singleton Clark & Co to perform the audit of the books for fiscal year ending September 30, 1917 for an estimated fee of $5,800. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Jeff Rudenstein to execute this Letter. The motion carried.
- Discuss/Approve budget for FY 2017-2018. GM Armagost present a proposed budget for the fiscal year 2017-2018, a copy is attached to these minutes. After considerable discussion a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Hendriks to approve the proposed budget. The motion carried.
- Discuss and propose tax rate for 2017. Set date for tax hearing, authorize publication of hearing notice. After a lengthy discussion the Board increased the M&O tax rate to 0.137 cents per $100 valuation and lowered the I&S tax rate to 0.092 cents, thereby keeping the overall tax rate at 0.229 cents. A date of September 9th, 2017, was set for the tax rate hearing, and authorized publication in the Llano News. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjust the proposed tax rates, set the hearing date, and published the hearing notice. The motion carried.
- Discuss compensation for General Manager. GM Armagost requested the Board to consider adjusting his compensation between $1,500 and $1,800 monthly. After limited discussion a motion was made by Director Dietert to increase the compensation for the General Manager to $1,800 per month. The motion was seconded by Director Rudenstein. The motion carried.
- Such other matters as may come before the Board.
There were no other matters brought before the Board.
A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Maughan to adjourn. The motion carried.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary