MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 9:00 A.M. Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 20th day of August at 9:A.M. at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting and the actions to be taken at the meeting were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Ralph Hendricks Mary Armagost, acting Secretary
Tim Dykes was unable to attend.
Also in attendance was Tom Armagost, General Manager.
1. President James Maughan called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M.
2. Approve minutes from May 21, 2016 meeting.
A motion was made by Director Dietert and Seconded by Director Hendricks to approve these minutes. The motion carried.
3. Approve bills and invoices:
A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Hendricks approving payment of two bills, one to Freeman & Corbett for $40 and one to Cuplin & Associates for $7,880. Tom Armagost was to hold payment of the Cuplin invoice to determine if the Texas Water Development Board will release some of the remaining funds to enable payment from the Construction Account. The motion carried.
4. Discuss/approve Letter Agreement for 2016 tax collection fee.
The Board had a lengthy discussion regarding the Llano County Collection Fee in the amount of $575.00. A motion was made by Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Dietert to authorize the 2016 collection fee. The motion carried.
5. Discuss/approve proposed budget for FY 2016-2017.
After discussing the proposed budget it was approved by a motion made by Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Dietert. The motion carried. A copy of the proposed budget is attached to these minutes.
6. There was no #6.
7. Discuss/propose tax rate for 2016. Set date for tax hearing, authorize publication of hearing notice.
After Discussion the a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Maughan approving the current tax rate of $0.229 per $100 of appraised value for 2016, keeping the tax rate the same as 2015, and setting the date of September 10th for the hearing. The motion carried.
8. Adopt Order calling Election for November 8, 2016 for election of two Directors.
After discussion, a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to Call the Election.
9. Approve agreements with Llano County for election services and to conduct a joint election.
10. Authorize preparation and filing of Voting Rights Act submission for November 8, 2016 election.
11. Approve such other action as may be necessary to proceed with November 8, 2016 election.
A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to approve items 9, 10, and 11 as stated above. The motion carried unanimously.
12. Such other matters to come before the Board.
a). Discussion about adding reflective bands and road reflectors to fire hydrants similar to what Horseshoe Bay has done. Director Maughan will research costs before any action is considered.
b). Discussion concerning reconnecting the existing 3 inch water line to the new water line on Fawn Ridge. Board will consider adding to scope of work when bids for phase II are received.
A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary