MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING
Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 9 A.M. Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 27th day of June, 2015 at 9:00 A.M., at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Ralph Hendricks Mary Armagost – acting secretary
Director Tim Dykes was unable to attend.
Also in attendance were Tom Armagost, General Manager and Tom Brown with Naismith Engineering.
1. Director Maughan called the meeting to order at 9:05 A.M. with a quorum of Directors present, as indicated above.
2. The first order of business was to approve the minutes from the June 13, 2015 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Hendricks to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
3. The next order of business was to approve bills and invoices, however there were none.
4. The next order of business was to Discuss, Consider and Take Action approving contract with Nelson Lewis, Inc., Contractor.
Tom Brown informed the Board that when they sign this contract, it will be delivered on Monday morning to the Texas Water Development Board and it should be approved within a week. Once it is approved, they issue a note to Naismith Engineering that they can proceed with construction, as all documents are in order. Naismith then gives the contractor the okay to proceed and his time clock starts. Tom Brown then stated that once the okay to proceed is given to the contractor they will most likely start within a week.
A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Hendricks approving the contract with Nelson Lewis, Inc. Contractor, the motion carried unanimously.
Tom Brown then stated that once the notice is given to the contractor, there will be a pre-construction meeting to discuss different issues that might come up. He stated that he felt this should be a special Board meeting so that anyone can attend that wants to. Tom Brown also requested that Jim Koska be in attendance for this meeting.
5. Discuss, consider hiring an overseer for the water line project.
A lengthy discussion followed regarding this item regarding hiring and the duties that will be required for overseeing this project to completion. Tom Brown stated that they will furnish the person chosen for this position with daily inspection sheets. It was also noted that any changes that the Board feels need to be made must be submitted to Naismith Engineering who in turn will notify the Contractor.
Tom Brown also stated that should there be any problems arise, homeowners will need to be notified and General Manager. Tom Armagost informed those present that he has made arrangements with Martha Duffin to notify the homeowners.
6. Such other matters as may come before the Board. All of these matters were discussed in the items above.
There being no further business to come before the Board a motion was made by Director Dietert and seconded by Director Rudenstein to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary