MINUTES OF DEERHAVEN WCID MEETING Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9 A.M. Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas
A special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Deerhaven Water Control and Improvement District was held on the 17th day of November, 2018 at 9:00 A.M., at the Real Estate Office, 101 Deerhaven Drive, Horseshoe Bay, Llano County, Texas. Notices of the time, place and the subject of the meeting, and the actions to be taken at the meeting, were posted at the places and for the time required by the laws of the State of Texas.
Tom Armagost was also present.
1. Director Maughan called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M. with a quorum of Directors present, as indicated above.
2. The next order of business was to Administer the Oath of Office to one new Board member, David Wuest for four year term, David Wuest will be replacing Director Maughan.
3. The next order of business was the election of new officers. After discussion a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Wuest nominating the following officers, Milton Dietert for President, Tim Dykes for Vice President, Jeff Rudenstein for Secretary, and David Wuest for Treasurer, the motion carried unanimously.
The new officers are as follows:
Milton Dietert, President
Tim Dykes, Vice President
Jeff Rudenstein, Secretary
David Wuest, Treasurer
At this time outgoing President James Maughan turned the meeting over to the new President, Milton Dietert. The Board thanked James Maughan for his services over the past eight years.
4. The next order of business was to approve the minutes from the September 8, 2018 Board meeting. A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dykes to approve the minutes. The motion carried unanimously.
5. The next order of business was to approve the bills and invoices. Tom Armagost informed the Board that there were not bills or invoices to approve.
6. The next order of business was for a Resolution for new signatories on General Account, Money Market Account, Water Account, and Debt Service Account. Tom Armagost presented signatory cards. A motion was made by Director Dykes and seconded by Director Hendricks authorizing the removal of James Maughan as signatory and approved the addition of David Wuest as signatory for the District’s accounts at the First United Bank The motion carried unanimously.
RESOLVED that the First United Bank be and hereby is designated as a depository for the funds of the District which may be withdrawn on checks for the payment of monies bearing the following signatures.
Any two (2) of the following are authorized:
Manager Armagost is hereby authorized to sign checks on the General Account and Water Account in amounts less than $2,500.00.A copy of the Resolution Regarding Accounts is attached to these minutes.
7. The next order of business was to approve the new water rates due to an increase in the wholesale rate from the City of Horseshoe Bay. After discussion, a motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Hendricks to approve the new water rates.
The motion carried unanimously. A copy of the new rates are attached to these minutes.
8. The next order of business was to Approve Horseshoe Bay Fire Protection contract. General Manager Armagost informed the Board that it had gone up considerably from a monthly fee of $3,628.09 to $4,427.41 or an increase of 22%. A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Wuest approving this contract. The motion carried unanimously.
9. The next order of business was to Discuss and Adopt Resolution approving the revived Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. After considerable discussion on the increase in participation for fire protection, A motion was made by Director Rudenstein and seconded by Director Dykes to approve adopting Resolution 18-1117-01 approving the revised Budget as presented. The motion carried unanimously. A copy of the Resolution and Budget is attached to these minutes.
10. Such other matters as may come before the Board.
Director Rudenstein opened a discussion as locating a backup for Manager, Tom Armagost in the event that something could happen and the WCID would be in a very vulnerable position.
There being no other business to come before the Board a motion was made by Director Hendricks and seconded by Director Dykes to adjourn. The motion carried unanimously.