DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
SPECIAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SATURDAY, August 24, 2013 – 9 A.M. – PAVILION IN DEERHAVEN PARK
Renea Latham, Chairman, President
Sandi Becraft, Director & Vice President
Diane Dietert, Director Mary Armagost, Secretary
Mark Malcom, Director
Pam Hutchins, Director
Jerry Pruett, Park Commissioner
Not in attendance was Director Randy Delmastro.
1. Chairman Latham called the meeting to order at 9:00 A.M.
2. The next order of business was approval of an addendum to the minutes of 7-13-13; however a motion was made by Director Malcom and seconded by Director Hutchins that this approval should be postponed until the next regular scheduled Board meeting on October 12th. The motion carried unanimously.
Park Commissioner, Jerry Pruett addressed the Board regarding several safety issues regarding the park facilities.
The gate on the west side of the pool needs to be repaired as it does not close properly, since it doesn’t swing shut, people are slamming it and it doesn’t always close, which becomes a liability.
The boat ramp needs to be extended for the safety of those launching large boats & possibly extending the area for boat tie-ups. Chairman Latham authorized Jerry to get three bids for these items and also for recovering submerged buoys and the repair to the pool gate and present them to the Board for their approval.
At this time Chairman Latham called for an Executive Session (Board Members Only) for discussion/approval of the use of Deerhaven Park facilities.
During this session the Board discussed many items:
1) Pool rules that are not being adhered to.
2) Closing the west gate at the pool temporarily until it can be repaired.
3) Changing the next scheduled meeting to October 12th so all Board members can be in
4) The need for an Architectural Chairman.
5) Other items were discussed however no action will be taken on any of these items until
they can be discussed with our attorney.
There being no further business to come before the Board a motion was made by Director Malcom and seconded by Director Becraft to adjourn, the motion carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Mary Armagost, Secretary