DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION QUARTERLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
BLUE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2021
1. Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Gabe Pincelli at 9:00 A.M.
Directors present: Gabe Pincelli, David Wuest, Paul Rossbach, Albert LaCasse, Jimmy Springfield, Dale Read, Terry Calloway
Also, in attendance: Joanne Severn – Secretary, Pam Hutchins, Treasurer, David Cotner, and Deerhaven POA members
2. Review/Approval of September 18, 2021, Board Meeting Minutes
David motioned for approval and Jimmy seconded. Motion unanimously passed
3. Chairman’s Report – Nothing to report – still vacant position
4. President’s Report – Gabe has nothing to report
5. Vice President Report – David reported the following:
- He rode around neighborhood checking for compliance.
- He finalized contract with Casey Lawn Care and gave it to Pam, Treasurer for filing
- Road/limb trimming needs to be scheduled (will schedule in the January/February to trim) Will also notify any property owners if the trimming from the road off their property. David will get a list of property owners and will draft a letter. David Cotner indicated he has a skid loader and Dale R. also has information on this service.
- Lot between Gabe P and Jerry P is being cleared up by the lot owners.
6. Treasurer’s Report – Pam presented her report
Financial Report thru September 2021 Prepared by Pam Hutchins,
Treasurer Assets – $184,532.00
$174.486.30 in bank accounts
$10,045.70 Accounts receivable (AR) – this is assessments that are due. $6,392.50 from overdue assessments, the rest from late fees and related expenses. Liabilities: $5,328.25
Equity – prior fiscal year end – $132,920.14
Part of the equity is set aside in Reserve funds
Roads $ 40,000
Tennis Court $10,925
Boat Lockup $ 8,475
Net Income thru 9/30/2021 $46,283.61
Income: $ 106,453.62
Most of that is from:
Lock up fees $4,780.00
Other Income $6,925.00 Contribution designated for Pickle Ball court Expenses:
Administrative – $43.518.75 ($33,740.00 WCID payment, $1,500 PamCo fees, $5,398.75 insurance, $1,800 legal fees from policy changes due to Texas Legislative changes, $228 filing fees to file the policy changes at Llano County )
Landscaping – $4,406.84 ($2,460.00 Park Mowing, $850.00 road and lock up mowing,$1,096.84 Gardener)
Maintenance – $ 9,966.92 ($7,006.96 Total of Electrical work for pool, $2,693.24 pool maintenance & supplies, tennis court net $215.15)
Utility – $ 2,289.49 ($1,806.49 electricity, $144.85 Telephone, $238.15 water for pool area) Net Income $46,283.61
Other comments: 1. Assessments – 7 accounts that have not paid their assessment due July 2021 as of the end of Sept. 1 is delinquent for several years. 2. The WCID payment is $33,740 = $19,600 + $14,140 for undeveloped lots ( 200 lots x $70 per lot, 4 half lots x $35 per half lot) It was paid in September so will be on Sept. financials.
Pam will get a quote from PAMCO to digitize Architectural Records in barn/storage room. She submitted the POA Budget to the Board for approval with changes that Pam mentioned.
Albert motioned for approval and David seconded. Motion unanimously passed
7. Architecture Committee Report – David C presented his report.
a. Lots 223 & 224 to be combined to 224A
b. Lots 130 & 131 to be combined to 131A
David will email a & b above to the POA Board for approval to replat.
Lot 36 – Mike Light to will verify that the building plans are compliant. Property Owner has building sticking out further than Board approved but there was a variance that was not noted. David C will have the variance noted.
8. Discuss Restrictions and Covenants violations
There is a trailer that is in the driveway on Lakeview. Gabe has asked owner to remove it and the owner said they would, but they still have not done so at this time.
9. Boat Lockup Report
- All boat spaced are filled up – have 3 on a waiting list
- Discussion on having the boat storage enlarged. Paul will look into this matter.
- 10. Park Chairman Report
Gabe reported that the tennis/pickle ball court is going to cost more than the donations, David C will touch base with 2 more contractors about getting this project started and completed. If these contractors cannot do the work then the POA will refund money to donors. Resurface with repouring the slab is estimated to cost $30,000.
11. Long Range Planning Committee Report – Gabe will look into coping for pool costs.
12. WCID Report – David reported that there are no changes going on – no meeting has been set.
13. Old Business – Nothing to report
14. Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting
- October 26, 2021 – The Board approved up to $250.00 to utilize Mike Light to inspect the Lot 36 project for compliance with the approved plans.
Albert made a motion to approve item 1, Terry seconded. Motion unanimously passed
- October 20, 2021 – The Board approved to donate $100 to Shriners Hospital for Children in memory of Diane Dietert who had a lot of history with the Deerhaven POA Board.
Gabe made a motion to approve item 2, Dale seconded Motion unanimously passed
- New Business
- David reported that he so far has about 25 people interested in attending the Deerhaven Christmas Party on December 4, 2021.
- Property Owners Forum – No requests received.
Property owner suggested that we should look into creating a MUD to help with the road. The WCID could merge and make a MUD.
Adjourn – Terry made a motion to adjourn the meeting Paul seconded. Meeting adjourned at 10:32 a.m.