DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
Deerhaven Park Pavilion Lagoon Loop
Horseshoe Bay, Texas 78657
SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2021 – 4:00 P.M.
- Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Paul Rossbach at 4:05 pm
Directors present:, David Wuest, Jimmy Springfield. Paul Rossbach, Dale Read, Terry Calloway, Jerry Pruett
Not present – Gabe Pincelli
Also, in attendance: Deborah Pesses – Vice -President, Joanne Severn – Secretary, Pam Hutchins – Treasure, Deerhaven POA members
- Review/Approval of February 27, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Jerry motioned for approval and David seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
- Jeff Rudenstein – Jeff indicated that the person clearing several lots is not picking up the tree limbs and it is a fire hazard. He recommended that there should be standards to be established regarding lot clearing. David W. indicated he will talk to the person doing the lot clearing. Jerry made a motion for Dale to talk to Jim Wilson about the lot cleaning process and Terry seconded the motion. Motion unanimously passed.
- It was decided to also have a committee to look in to lot clearing process. David W will chair the committee and David Cotner, Dale Read and Jeff Rudenstein will be on the committee.
- Chairman’s Report – Gabe was not present and Paul indicated that Gabe has indicated he will be stepping down as Chairman of the POA because his current job is getting busier and he cannot devote the time necessary for the Chairman position. Paul indicated that at the start the new term they will discuss who will serve as Chairman of the POA Board.
Paul reported that the contractor that was hired to complete the tennis/pickle court has backed out and refunded payments made to them from the POA. David Ortega, community resident / member is looking for a new contractor.
- President’s Report – Paul indicated that Cat stepped down as President and the position is currently open and asked if anyone is interested to contact the Board. Paul thanked Cat for all the hard work she has done for the POA serving as President.
- Vice-President Report – Deborah indicated that she has driving around the neighborhood and did not see where any letters needed to be sent out for any non-compliance. All seem to be taking care of their property.
Diane Dietert indicated that there are some dead oleanders that needed to be removed at the entrance of Deerhaven. Bob Duffin indicated that the main entrance on Deerhaven Drive has not been mowed and looked horrible. He ended up mowing and trimming the area and wanted to know who is supposed to take of this because he has never seen it look this bad. Goodman Lawn Care is responsible for that corner. David W. will contact Goodman Lawn Care to find out his scheduling and the other areas that the company is responsible. We need to find or get a contract in place so both POA and company understand their responsibilities.
- Treasurer’s Report – Pam presented the treasurers report. There were not questions. Jimmy made a motion to approve the treasurer’s report. Jerry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Architectural Committee Report
Bob Duffin asked about the new structure being built on Deerhaven Drive and that the covenant and restrictions do not allow metal buildings. Dale Read indicated that the builder indicated that they will be wrapping with rock and hardy board.
Diane Dietert asked if there will be a house built in a certain timeframe after the boatdock? She is referring to the 3 cement boats docks on Lagoon Loop. She asked where the variance request ad approval is for this because per covenant and restrictions a house needs to be built on the property if a boat dock is built. The ACC chair was not preset at the meeting and the board will look into this question.
Paul indicated that James A. is resigning a chair effective June 30, 2021 and a replacement needs to be found.
- Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations – Discussion was covered in the ACC minutes above.
- Boat Lockup Report – Paul reported the following:
- 32 slots are rented and there is one open slot for 2 jet skis.
- Park Chairman Report – Paul reported that Gabe is still working on the fobs and that the software company can’t get their software to work either. Someone mentioned just using a key code instead of a key/fob. Gabe will continue looking for a solution this winter.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report- Nothing to report.
- WCID Commissioner / WCID Report –
David reported that operations is fine. Joe Becraft indicated that they are looking for a new administrator to replace Tom Armagost. David also mentioned that the lift is in bad shape. He said Angela at MUD office is currently getting 3 bids to repair. The underground system has corroded.
- Result of Election – Joanne reported the results of the 2021 POA Board of Director Election.
69 electronic votes and 3 paper ballots were received.
Gabe Pincelli – 64
David Wuest – 54
Paul Rossbach – 48
Albert Lacasse – 42
Deborah Pesses – 32
Arlene Dahl – 27
Jerry Pruett – 5
Ralph Shaw – 1
The 4 newly elected 2021 POA Directors are: Albert Lacasse, Gabe Pincelli, Paul Rossbach and David Wuest. They will serve a two-year term July 1 2021 – June 30, 2023.
15.Old Business – nothing to report
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting
- March 17, 2021 – The Board approved the expenditure of $2,219.13 to have Specialty Tree Care trim the trees around the Tennis Court and the barn. Three bids were obtained.
- May 10, 2021 – The Board approved to change the Annual meeting time to 5:00 p.m. with dinner at 6:00 pm. And to cater the meal at approximately $1,000.
- New Business
The Board will need to set future meeting dates when the new board members convene.
- Meeting adjourned at 5:17 p.m. by motion by Jerry. Dale seconded. Motion unanimously passed.