DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS QUARTERLY MEETING MINUTES
BLUE LAKE COMMUNITY CENTER
214 W BLUEBONNET ROAD, HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657
SATURDAY, JULY 10, 2021
- Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Paul Rossbach at 9:04 am
Directors present:, David Wuest, Jimmy Springfield. Paul Rossbach, Dale Read, Terry Calloway, Albert LaCasse, Gabe Pincelli
Also, in attendance: Deborah Pesses – Vice -President, Joanne Severn – Secretary, Pam Hutchins – Treasure, Deerhaven POA members
- Review/Approval of June 5, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Dale motioned for approval and Gabe seconded. Motion unanimously passed
- Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
Cat wanted the Board to make a commitment at a future meeting to determine where are we headed in this community. Especially, new construction/buildings that are not correlating with the look of the home, roads are crumbling and the look of the community. Concerned that the value of our property will go down if these are not taken care of.
Cat also mentioned that she wanted to get an update on the Pickle Ball status. Gabe indicated that the Pickle Ball court original contractor backed out of the project and have refunded the deposit. She indicated that she has not heard anything about the status and requested communication because she donated money and she may want to get a refund until the project picks up. Gabe indicated that David Ortega has been in contact with a new contractor that is currently working in Horseshoe Bay and that the contractor will work on the Deerhaven court after they are done. Should be in about 3 weeks. The new contractor will charge the same amount as the previous contractor. Gabe indicated that if the project has not started as indicated that he would start refunding donated money back to the donor.
Another property owner asked Cat to elaborate on the homes not following code. Cat indicated the building next to a house on Deerhaven drive and will be discussed later in the meeting.
- Chairman’s Report – Paul asked the Board who wanted to step up to be the new Chairman.
No Board member volunteered to become the Chairman. Gabe suggested that Board members would take turns running the meetings.
Paul indicated 3 important jobs that currently need to be filled. Chairman, ACC Board Chair and President. Cat suggested that maybe the Board should drop to a 5 member board and the officers be held by one of the Board members. Deborah had concerns about being a Vice President and not getting enough information and she also feels that the VP should be held by a Board member. Deborah announced she resigned as VP.
Another member asked what does the management company do for Deerhaven. Pam indicated that PAMCO collects our assessment, paying bills and handle paperwork for title companies for sales/buyers of property.
David Cotner suggested that the Board post who is in charge of what on the Deerhaven website so community would know who to contact for certain questions.
Albert discussed to have consistent code enforcement, lawn maintenance, road maintenance, etc.
- President’s Report – open position – nothing to report
- Vice President’s Report – open position – nothing to report
- Treasurer’s Report – Pam reported the following and the financials are posted on the Deerhaven POA website.
Comments on the financials:
- There were not a lot of unusual expenses for May.
- $210.68 for 2 months use of the Survey Monkey software for the Board election.
- $259.54 in maintenance for new chairs for the pool
- Other expenses are normal expenses – Electric, water, PamCo fee, postage, etc.
- At the end of May we are down to 2 delinquent assessment accounts which still owe assessments. The other accounts on the list are from late fees, and collection amounts. As I mentioned last month, the largest delinquent assessment account, paid their account in full in May, including late fees, legal fees, etc. The total paid amount was $13,676.14. Another fairly large account paid off their balance in May as well. The other amounts were billed when assessment billings were sent on June 17. By the end of June, it looks like we will only have one account that hasn’t paid their assessments for this last year, and several with only late fees due.
- The operating account balance has increased due to the large assessment collection mentioned above.
While I don’t have a final June report yet, I will mention a few things about June:
- In June we will have several one-time expenses:
- $1,204 for the annual meeting dinner.
- $600 for website maintenance
- $500 donation to Blue Lake towards the fireworks.
- Tree trimming bill for trimming trees around the tennis court , and removal of one post oak tree – $2,219.13.
- Additional landscape expenses for plants around the pool using the beautification funds from Blue Haven.
- In June we received a $650 donation from the Blue Haven foundation for Beautification, which was used to partially pay for the Hibiscus plants recently planted around the pool. I sent a thank you note to the Blue Haven Foundation telling them how we spent the donation.
- Architectural Committee Report –
New Permit Approvals;
6/23/21 Marcus Flake Lot 47-R 2702 Sunny Point New Home Construction
4/15/21 Marcus & Lauren Ahrens Lot 345 & 346 301 Mountain Dr. Fence Project
2/14/21 Rick Ankerholz Lot 130 209 Deerhaven Dr Variance scheduled for LCCC approval and shop Construction
Attached is the updated Permits approvals that have happened since the last update of June 4th. Also updated notes in red on most recent conversations with 209 Deerhaven project.
209 Deerhaven Variance – They did not make their previous noted appointment of April 26th with Llano County Commissioners Court. I have tried to make contact with Rick Ankerholz with no response. On 5-26-21 I did talk with Corey Poteet the builder and he assured me this would be rescheduled and done. He said he had already paid the surveyor to do this. On 5-27-21 he sent me a copy of a text from him surveyor “He had called and left a message with the county surveyor. I have submitted all they have asked for. I will get this figured out why they aren’t moving forward.” I have sent request for an update. Received call 7-9-21 from Surveyor representative Patrick 956-333-7663. They said they will get with Llano County next week to get on agenda to proceed with variance. I highly recommended contacting Peter Jones our county commissioner to make sure they have everything needed to finalize. They still will need a signature from POA President of designee from Deerhaven. I will continue to work to keep this moving.
209 Deerhaven Lot 130 Building Project – 5-27-21 Conversation with Cory Poteet the builder. – He did confirm that they would be installing hardie siding and stone over the metal siding as submitted and agreed on with the ACC. A brick or stone ledge will be poured when they pour the driveway, walks etc. 6-16-21 Conversations again with Builder Cory Poteet assuring me that they still will be putting stone veneer and siding as presented and approved by ACC. He said the owner was trying to decide if he was using Hardie siding or another siding option.
Variance Request for the Garcia’s – As Gabe had noted and updated the Board this is on hold and no action required at this time.
The end of the ACC Update.
- Discuss ACC open positions – still need Chairman
- Compliance officer/ guidelines – Board will work to get job description and scope of work needed.
- Review/update to existing permits.
- Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations
Nothing to report
- Boat Lockup Report
Paul reported the following: 32 spaces rented, 1 person on waiting list and only room for 2 jet skis.
- Park Chairman Report –
Gabe reported on the electrical situation at the pump house and needs repair. Gabe asked to approve up $6175 to rewire.
Dale motioned for approval and Gabe seconded. Motion unanimously passed
Gabe discussed the same software key issue that we need to look into either a new electronic system or go to manual keys.
Gabe said that we need to plan to paint the railing around the pool, the awning and trip on boat house. Also the coping around the pool needs to be replaced by next year.
Gabe requests that all property owners and their guests need to clean up after themselves when using the pool. The bathroom after the 4th of July was filthy.
Gabe thanked Cat and Sandy for all their work in and around the pool by taking care of the plants.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report
- WCID Report
David said the WCID has not met yet, but they are looking to hire a new administrator who will handles the responsibility of the WCID account.
- Old Business
- Future meeting dates
July 10, 2021
September 18, 2021
November 13, 2021
February 26, 2022
April 2022 – TBD
June 4, 2022
David asked that we reserve December 4, 2021 from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm for Deerhaven Christmas party at Blue Lake Community Center.
Also, reserve the Blue Lake Community for POA annual meeting June 4, 2022.
- Lot Clearing Protocol – David reports that Dale and David looked at the covenants and restrictions regarding wood / brush piles and discussed oak wilt policy.
- Entrance way maintenance – David reported that we do not have a contract for the park and entry mowing and Mr. Goodman has been handling. David asked that we need to get a new contract developed with scope of his services.
Terry indicated he would mow 2831 at the same price and the park area once a week. David will need to ask Mr. Goodman for his bid for this services.
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting – no ratifications since last meeting.
- New Business
David will work on setting up the next Board meeting.
A management certificate needs to be filed in Llano County.
Dale motioned to adjourn the meeting and Gabe seconded. Motion unanimously passed – Meeting adjourned at 11:28 a.m.