DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012 at 1:00 P.M.
BLUE LAKE CLUBHOUSE
Renea Latham, Chair
Randy Delmastro, Director
Diane Dietert, Director
Mark Malcom, Director
JoAnn Rosch, Director
Ron Estes, President
Tom Burt, Treasurer
Frank Preston, Road Commissioner
Peter Rosch, Architectural Committee
Jerry Pruett, Boat Lockup Commissioner
Eldon Tarver, Director
Pauline Tarver, Secretary
Sandra Becraft, Vice-President
Chairman Latham called the meeting to order at 1:00 P.M.
First item was approval of the minutes of the February 12, 2012 meeting. Director Dietert requested two items be added to the minutes. (1) Note that replat of lots 79,80 and 81 was not approved by the Board (2) Note that President Estes pulled the replat application from Llano County. Chairman Latham stated those two items would be included in the minutes and asked for a motion to approve with those additions. Director Rosch moved and Director Malcolm seconded the motion to approve. Vote was unanimous to approve.
Chairman of the Board Report (Renea Latham)
Chairman Latham reported that PEC had responded to a request to trim trees on their right-of-way that were creating a fire hazard. Marble Falls reported on their trimming and advised that some areas had growth into the phone and cable lines which they reported to the respective agencies.
Arlene Wieland has withdrawn her agreement to serve as President of the POA for the upcoming term and Mike Hancock has resigned as POA Board member. If anyone knows someone who would be interested in either position please ask them to contact the POA Secretary.
Chairman approved a $350.00 repair needed on the Kubota tractor since the money was in the budget.
Treasurer’s Report (Tom Burt)
Tom Burt presented the Treasurer’s Report (copy on request).
Architecture Committee Report (Peter Rosch)
Peter Rosch reported no new permits requested and gave a status report on current projects in the sub-division and likely dates for completion.
Boat Lockup Commissioner Report (Jerry Pruett)
No changes to report. Lockup is full with the exception of one small space adequate for single jet ski or small trailer.
Park/Landscaping Report (Prepared by Eldon Tarver, read by Chairman Latham)
Copy of report on request. President Estes reported the sprinkler pump burned out and is being replaced and the bill will be sent to the POA. Also a dead tree in the park fell and he called Mr. LeMaster to come and take it down. The POA will be billed.
Road Commissioner Report (Frank Preston)
Frank Preston had no current road issues to report. He presented two bids for widening entrance on Deer Hollow and since one was unreasonable he will be looking for one more bid. He has ordered the Burn Ban signs and will install them when they are ready. Director Deitert moved and Director Delmastro seconded a motion to approve $45.00 each for three signs plus hardware. Vote was unanimous.
- Frank Preston covered this item in his report.
- This item was tabled until next meeting.
- Director Delmastro moved and Director Dietert seconded to wait until May 31, 2012 to move on clearing underbrush from lots adjoining structures if owners who have been notified by certified mail have not done so. Vote was unanimous.
- President Estes recapped his conversations with Dean Blain, the developer of Lago Escondido. It was decided to have Casey Burns send a letter to the developer and also get bids on some sort of barrier Deerhaven could erect to block entrance from Lago Escondido into Deerhaven.
- Chairman Latham agreed to call the Volunteer Fire Dept. at Sandy Point about standing by when we burn the burn pile and call Horseshoe Bay Fire Department to get a permit to burn.
- Motion by Director Dietert seconded by Director Delmastro to ratify email vote approving extension of ramp covering hole at boat dock.
- Motion by Director Delmastro seconded by Director Malcolm to increase dues to $230 on unimproved lots and $300 on improved lots beginning July 1, 2012 to support the POA contribution to WCID for improvements. Vote was unanimous.
- Decision to table until later date.
- Tabled for future discussion.
- No action. The Board felt that each boat owner should take responsibility for protecting his boat.
- To be determined after more research.
- Director Delmastro moved and Chairman Latham seconded a motion that the voting will continue to be done and counted as it has in the past; one member, one vote and the majority determines the outcome. Vote was unanimous.
- Table for further research and discussion.
- Director Delmastro moved and Director Dietert seconded to ratify the email vote that was unanimous not to put Mr. Hendricks lot clearing proposal on the agenda. Vote was unanimous. Mr. Hendricks was present and was then asked to submit something less detailed after hearing why the Board did not think it appropriate for Deerhaven.
- It was decided to send out emails soliciting a chair and committee for the dinner at the annual meeting.
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS/GUESTS:
Michael Walsh and Denise Wolfs, owner of Lots 79, 80 and 81 came before the Board asking for a response to their request at the Board meeting on February 12, 2012 to replat their three lots into one. Their request was discussed out of sequence in order for them to not have to sit through the whole Board meeting before presenting their request. After discussion of the Board and their agreement understanding they would continue to pay assessments on each of the original three lots until such time as they were improved a motion was made by Director Malcolm and seconded by Director Rosch that the request to replat be approved according to the Deerhaven POA restrictions providing that after replat the unimproved lots will still be assessed as three lots. At such time as the lot/lots are improved they will then be re-assessed according to which lots have been improved, per the restrictions. The vote was unanimous.
Director Delmastro gave an update on the work on the website.
Date of next meeting is June 23, 2012 at the Blue Lake Clubhouse at 9:00 A.M.
Motion was made by Director Malcolm and seconded by Director Delmastro to adjourn. Vote was unanimous.
Respectfully submitted by
Pauline Tarver, Secretary
(absent from meeting, minutes prepared solely from recording)