DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
PARK PAVILLION 410 LAGOON LOOP, HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2020 – 10:30 A.M.
- Certification of Quorum
Meeting called to order by Gabe at 10:32 am
Directors present: Gabe Pincelli, Paul Rossbach, David Wuest, Terry Calloway, Dale Read, Jerry Pruett
Also, in attendance: Catherine Clanton – President, Joanne Severn – Secretary, Not present: Pam Hutchins – Treasurer, Jimmy Springfield
- Review/Approval of July 11, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes
Jerry motioned for approval and Terry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
- None received
- Meeting Dates were set for the next year.
- November 21, 2020
- February 27, 2021
- June 5, 2021
- Chairman’s Report – Gabe indicated that he will be working on limiting meeting times to 1 ½ hours. Nothing else to report.
- President’s Report
Cat reported about the Firewise program through the Fire Department. She brought several brochures and information from the fire department available for attendees present at the meeting. She indicated that we can also set up a separate meeting specifically for the fire department to present information about fires, checklists, etc.
She also mentioned that Deerhaven needs to discuss having a plan and informing the property owners of procedures to follow during a fire.
There is one pamphlet that Cat indicated she would recommend sending out to all property owners about Fire Safety. Gabe made a motion to research what it will cost to print and mail out the brochure to all property owners. Jerry seconded the motion. Motion unanimously passed.
- Vice President’s Report – Gabe indicated that there is not a report. We still need a volunteer to be the Vice President.
- Treasurer’s Report
Gabe discussed the budget. David made a motion to approve the 2020-2021 Budget. Paul seconded the motion. Motion unanimously passed
- Architectural Committee Report
Gabe indicated that Marcus Flake have volunteered to be the new chairman for the Architectural Committee. Jerry made a motion to appoint Marcus Flake as Chairman of Architectural Committee. Dale seconded the motion. Motion unanimously passed
- Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations.
Nothing to report
- Boat Lockup Report
28 spots filled. 1 spot left.
- Park Chairman Report
Gabe reported that pool/boat ramp keys are getting low. Before we order more keys we have to purchase the software. Gabe will have to retrieve everyone’s keys and have them rekeyed once the new software is procured. The plan is when it gets cold, he will start a process to rekey property owners’ keys.
Trees over the roads in the park were trimmed at a cost of $800.
A group contacted Gabe and told him that they are raising money to resurface the tennis court and to turn it into 3 pickle ball courts. This group is obtaining bids. The POA needs to check any liability insurance that may be required, if any.
Gabe recommended that there be a Park Workday for trimming, repainting and other items as required. Jim Maughan volunteers to head the workday.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report
Nothing to report.
- WCID Report
David mentioned there was a public notice hearing this morning regarding the Total Tax Rate (per $100 of value). He said the current and proposed rates were as follows:
Last year was 0.2290 Proposed is 0.2049
This is approximately at 10% decrease, but homestead taxable values have increased. The proposed rates of 0.2049 was adopted today on September 19, 2020.
Next WCID meeting will be October 17, 2020.
- Old Business
Paul indicated he will send the latest proposed changes to the restrictions and covenants to the board members. Joanne will send Paul the email from previous POA president regarding VRBO’s.
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting
- September 4, 2020 – Reset/re-chain/re-anchor two broken buoys and check/re-chain (if needed) the two that are still in place. Estimated total charge at $500-$700 for materials and labor for repairs on all 4 buoys. Jerry made the motion and Terry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- August 25, 2020 – Replat to combine Lots 322, 323 and Lot AA. Paul made the motion and Jerry seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- New Business
Website needs some updates – Jerry indicated that we may need to get a new webmaster since Ken has moved. Someone indicated that we should list the current assessment fees on the website.
Comments from Property Owner present at the meeting.
- Evacuation plan should be posted on the website when that is determined by the Board and Fire Department
- For WCID – Property owner wanted to know what happened to Phase 2 of the new water lines – she has not seen her water pressure flow increase. David will meet with this property owner to discuss this issue.
- Property Owners commented that he paid his assessment and then he received a notice that his is late in his payment. Gabe indicated that is not acceptable and that he will talk to PAMCO about sending out bills earlier.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:46 a.m. by motion by Jerry. David seconded. Motion unanimously passed.