DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES BLUE LAKE GOLF CLUB CLUBHOUSE 214 W BLUEBONNET ROAD HORSESHOE BAY, TEXAS 78657, SATURDAY, JULY 11, 2020 – 9:30 A.M.
Via Zoom meeting
- Certification of Quorum
And meeting called to order by Cat at 9:30 am
Directors present: Jim Maughan, Paul Rossbach, David Wuest, Jimmy Springfied, Terry Calloway, Dale Read – Not present: Gabe Pincelli, Jerry Pruett.
Also in attendance: Catherine Clanton – President, Sandra Becraft – Vice President, Joanne Severn, Not present: Secretary. Pam Hutchins
- Review/Approval of June 6, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes
David motioned for approval and Paul seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Property Owners Forum – for those who have submitted requests in writing, no later than 7 days before the meeting, with subject of the request. (3 minutes each).
- None received
- Election of Chairman – David made a motion to nominate Gabe as Chairman, Paul seconded. Motion unanimously passed.
- Chairman’s Report – Nothing to report.
- President’s Report
Cat reported lot clearing efforts ongoing. She also said that Sandi had made calls and sent letters to violators. Pretty much all are violators are on board to get into compliance.
- Vice President’s Report
Sandi reported that we only have one violation of property owner with a RV. They have been called and sent a violation letter. Sandi also included that neighbors are asking about why the neighborhood is looking bad, specifically with branches on sticking out in the roadway. Also, at the water crossing that the reeds are blocking the depth of the water level. Sandi also reminded the board that they need to find a property owner for the VP position. It was discussed that this will need to be an agenda item at the next board meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report
Report sent by Pam prior to meeting. If there are any questions, please contact Pam.
- Architectural Committee Report
Jim presented the ARC report. Also, a reminder that we still need to find a new Chairman for the Architectural Review Committee. Jim said he would finish up current projects until the Chairman is selected.
- Discuss Restrictions & Covenants violations.
Draft covenants are still under review and still awaiting feedback from the Board.
- Boat Lockup Report
26 spots filled.
3 boat slots open and 6 jet ski slots open.
We should notify the community about the open slots and the new annual fee of $150 per year.
- Park Chairman Report
David reported for Gabe. We have started purchasing chlorine tablets to use in between pool service due to the heat and sun. We have received a bid of $800 and will attempt to get another bid for the trees that overhang on the drive to the boat dock. This will ensure that the limbs will not damage boats being transported to the ramp. Cat wanted to have everyone ensure that the gate to the pool is closed properly.
- Long Range Planning Committee Report
Nothing to report.
- WCID Report
Nothing to report.
But David presented roadway maintenance. Specifically, regarding the low branches in our community. They have held off on getting a bid due to the timing of the trimming the oak trees. He contacted PEC to see about putting it on their agenda to help with the trimming the trees by the PEC lines. David will follow up with PEC on our order request.
Two signs have been damaged. Lagoon and Deerhaven replacement will cost $933 and that the Board needs to budget about $1000 per sign if any others need replacement. Shipping is a large part of the cost (appox $300).
We need signage for speeding of Fawn Ridge and Deerhaven during holidays. Some speeding at 45 mph and taking a left on Lagoon loop towards the pool. Speed bumps were recommended, but it is not a favorable solution.
Items for further discussion for next meeting: 1) Tree trimming roadway & park. 2) Traffic control; 3) stop sign signage and how to pay for it.
David mentioned that Parks and Wildlife have not found any buoys since one was one mentioned that we were missing one in our cove in Deerhaven.David also mentioned that we receive $1,200 from Beautification Fund can be used for pool area flowers and Cat indicated that we need to report to the Beautification Committee what we have used the $1,200 for.Cat indicated that we need to update our Deerhaven directory with emails and phone numbers.
- Old Business
Nothing to report.
- Ratification of Business transacted electronically per Article VI, Section 7 since last meeting.
a). February 10/17 2020 (Motion & 2nd on 2/10, vote on 2/17) – Replat of Lots at 503 Lakeview in preparation for tear-down and rebuild.
b). May 6, 2020 – Pam proposed to renew insurance.
c). June 12, 2020 – Request for a replat for the lots 225, 226 & 227. This is the house at 254 Mountain Drive that was purchased by the Warembourg’s from the Wards’. They have submitted a building permit for a garage that requires this replat. The ACC has reviewed the replat and recommends approval. June 15, 2020 – The motion passes.
d). June 15, 2020 Replat for lots 268 & 269 per the attached POA Letter 20423. This is required so the owner can build the out building that he has submitted a building permit application. June 15, 2020 – The motion passes.
e). June 16, 2020 – Vote to approve 4 letters to violators of various restrictions.
f). Vote to approve replat of lots 69 & 70 on Fawn Ridge Rd.
g). Vote to sign letter of acknowledgement regarding the transfer of attorney representation and release of records associated with Deerhaven POA from Carpenter Hazlewood to Cagle Pugh, LTD, LLP. Carpenter Hazelwood closed their practice and the attorneys are joining the law firm of Cagle Pugh, Ltd, LLP.
- New Business
Website updates – tabled until next meeting
Agenda items for next meeting:
1. Need to find a Vice President
2. Need to find an ARC chairman
3. Need to set Board meeting dates for the next year
4. Website updates.
- Meeting adjourned at 10.37 a.m. by David.
Motioned passes unanimously.