DEERHAVEN PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
SATURDAY, February 27, 2016 – 9:00 A.M. – BLUE LAKE CLUBHOUSE
Reneas Latham – Chairman
Sandi Becraft – Director/Vice President
Randy DelMastro – Director and Road Commissioner
Linda Cowden – Director
Gabe Pincelli – Director
Bennett Worley – Director
Tom Burt – Treasurer
Jerry Pruett – Boat Lockup Commissioner
NOT IN ATTENDANCE:
1. The meeting was called to order by Renea Latham at 9:00 a.m.
2. A presentation on safety was made by Constable Gary Olfers expressing the need for all of the residents to make certain they lock their doors even if they are only leaving for a short time; keep their garage doors closed and be aware of people who may not belong in the area.
Illegal dumping should be addressed to County Attorney, Rebecca Lang; her environmental investigator handles those crimes.
3. Motion for approval of Minutes from the Board of Directors meeting and General Meeting on November 14, 2015.
A motion to approve was made by Randy DelMastro and seconded by Gabe Pincelli. Motion passed.
4. CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD REPORT – by Renea Latham.
a) Interviewing a company to help manage Deerhaven POA.
b) A family in Deerhaven is donating the funds for new signs (similar to the HSB street signs). Work will begin after the streets are complete.
Need someone to do the installation of the signs which the POA will pay for.
c) Dinner in June will be done by Mr. Malcomb’s brother.
d) Emails and letters notifying people of the need to keep their lots clean will be going out.
e) Committee to update the directory: Linda Cowden; Bennett Worley and Sandi Becraft.
5. TREASURER’S REPORT AND AUDIT REPORT – by Tom Burt.
Final Payment was made for the Pool Gate.
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s report and the Audit Report was made by Randy Del Masto and seconded by Bennett Worley. Motion passed.
6. REPORT on “Children at Play” signs – by Renea Latham
a) All signs have been ordered and will be delivered.
7. WCID REPORT
a) 1st phase of the water pipe work is complete.
b) Area for 2nd phase is still being discussed
c) Water Board and TCEQ suggests using remaining funds as soon as possible.
8. ROAD COMMISSIONER REPORT – Randy DelMastro
a) Repairs to roads will begin when the weather temperatures are more consistent.
b) Work goes out for bid.
c) County pays for labor; Deerhaven pays for material.
9. PARK/LANDSCAPING REPORT – by Sandi Becraft
a) Hiring a Mark D’ Aston to maintain the landscaping at the park. $300.00 per month includes flower beds.
10. NOMINATING COMMITTEE – by Sandi Becraft
1) Sandi Becraft; 2. Renea Latham; 3. Rita Preston.
Currently do not have enough people willing to serve. Tabled until April meeting.
11. BOAT LOCKUP COMMISSIONER REPORT – by Jerry Pruett
a) One space is open.
b) A gate for the boat lockup should be placed on the next agenda.
12) ARCHITECTURAL REPORT – Renea Latham
a) All work is being done according to plans.
13. Charge of $50.00 for the first lost pool key and $75.00 for the second lost key was discussed.
Discussion of expenditure of $150.00 for three master pool keys.
A motion was made and passed.
14. Discussion of paying to build a new Deerhavenpoa.com website.
A motion was made and passed.
15. Motion to adjourn made by Randy Del Mastro and seconded by Gabe Pincelli.
Meeting was adjourned.
Note:- The next scheduled Board of Directors Meeting is April 16th, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in the Blue Lake Clubhouse.
Shirleen Bonacci, Assistant Secretary